The Western Union Scholarship Program, 2018/2019
The Western Union Foundation ,in light of helping the underdeveloped parts of the world, launched the ‘WU Scholars’ which is a global scholarship program aimed at undergraduate students with interest areas in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or business/entrepreneurship.
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program basically referred to as WU Scholars, is a program intended to help youngsters and their endeavors in obtaining after higher education. The WU Scholars program was made to help give youngsters a lift toward a superior life. The Western Union Foundation trusts instruction is the surest way to financial opportunity.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue post-secondary education.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Business / Entrepreneurship.
- Scholarship Award: Selected scholarship recipients will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility/Scholarship Basic Requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Students from around the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship (Students from developing countries will be given preference).
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing or have interest in pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2018.
- Applications must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
Must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic programs (study abroad term, stand-alone language acquisition course, service learning, etc.) are not permitted.
Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
Before applying for scholarship, candidates must first apply for admission into their preferred course of study. The following are the basic admission requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2018.
- English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Procedure
How-to-Apply: All applications are to be done online. To apply, candidates should visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated non-profit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
- You can now proceed now to the link provided to apply. Don’t forget to leave your comments or contact us in any case of application difficulties.
Application Deadline: The program is scheduled into two batches
- First batch deadline is April 13, 2018
- Second batch deadline is July 31, 2019